It is important for voters to be aware of Vice Presidential candidate Kamala Harris' political orientation on issues so important to Christians and others, because she might replace Joe Biden at any time. Behold some of her true goals and actions:
1. Questioned the suitability of a candidate for judge because of his Knights of Columbus' membership and fiercely opposed his election.
2. Co-sponsored legislation called “The Equality Act” in 2018, which jeopardizes freedom of expression and the rights of conscientious objectors. It would also disable the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993, a tremendous blow to religious freedom protections.
3. Drafted legislation in 2019 called the “Do No Harm Act,” which would have weakened the protections of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act and made it more difficult for many institutions to maintain their religious identity.
4. Harris gets 100% approval from Pro-abortion group NARAL for his Pro Choice campaigns and bills in the Senate.
6. Sponsored a bill that proposes that states submit to federal scrutiny if they pass restrictions on abortion.
7. As a prosecutor, she prosecuted journalists who revealed the trafficking of aborted fetuses.
8. Raided the home of journalist David Daleiden, after he discovered and denounced the business of selling fetal tissue.
9. Supported a bill to repeal the Hyde Amendment, a measure that locks federal funding for abortion and has historically received bipartisan support.
10. Voted twice against the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act.
11. Absolutely opposed all efforts in favor of the prohibition of abortion at 20 or more weeks of gestation.
12. Helped shape legislation known as the “Reproductive Facts Act” that would force pregnancy resource centers (and especially religious centers) to inform pregnant women that the State of California provides free, low-cost abortions. This legislation was later derogated as unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.
The multinational and main provider of abortions in the United States, Planned Parenthood, published an article in which it calls Kamala Harris a “heroin” and gives “nine reasons to love” the Democratic Party candidate for vice presidency. The article titled "Nine Reasons to Love Kamala Harris" recognizes the candidate as "A Hero for Reproductive Health and Rights", that is "heroin for reproductive health and rights", which include contraception and abortion.
There have been negative reactions among former and present supporters of the Democratic Party. Fordham University professor Charles Camosy, who left the Democratic Party over disagreements with the new Party Platform, called Harris a "deeply flawed" choice for vice president. Democrats for Life of America, also criticized Harris's selection. In a statement they noted that she "does not provide guarantees to pro-life Democrats and, in fact, will further alienate 21 million Democratic voters who have been forgotten by the party for quite some time." Regarding her rejection of a candidate for judge because of her affiliation with a Catholic charitable institution, National Review writer Alexandra DeSanctis made a similar observation, saying that on the Senate judicial committee, Harris had displayed “reprehensible anti-Catholic intolerance, and there is no reason to believe that her views have changed at all."
Let the voters decide according to their conscience in the next presidential election.